At least 56 people were killed today, mostly militants in Anbar and other provinces. Another 18 people were wounded. However, gruesome images and video, allegedly taken by soldiers in Anbar province, suggest that the death tolls could be much higher than is being reported. Soldiers are also reporting high rates of desertion among troops.
Shelling killed ten militants in Subhayat.
In Mosul, two dumped bodies were found. A car bomb killed a Peshmerga fighter. A bomb wounded two policemen. In separate attacks, gunmen killed two bodyguards who for judges. A civilian and a policeman were also killed in two separate, small arms attacks.
Gunmen killed a village mayor and his son near Hawija.
A bomb targeting the Ishaqi police chief while he was on his way to a funeral wounded two bodyguards instead.
Clashes in Jurf al-Sakhar continued today where five gunmen were killed and one policeman was wounded.
Bombs in Mussayab wounded eight soldiers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018