At least 39 people were killed and 40 more were wounded across Iraq today.
Eight militants were killed and wounded 15 more during an operation in Felahat.
Clashes continued in Ramadi. Four people were injured when the military bombed a sheikh’s home. Three snipers were killed. A suicide bomber killed a soldier and wounded four more.
In Haditha, four bodies belonging to kidnapping victims were found.
Military helicopters shot at a truck in Garma, killing four militants.
Five young men were kidnapped in Qaim.
An I.E.D. at a Sawha leader’s home in al-Jalam killed his wife, daughter, granddaughter, and daughter-in-law; two children were wounded.
Four policemen were killed and two more were wounded in a clash that also left several militants dead in Mussayab.
A shop owner was killed in Basra.
A bomb at a soldier’s home in Kirkuk wounded three family members.
In Baquba, a bomb killed a police officer and wounded four others.
Two gunmen were killed during an operation in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Abu Ghraib.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018