At least 39 people were killed and 40 more were wounded across Iraq today.
Eight militants were killed and wounded 15 more during an operation in Felahat.
Clashes continued in Ramadi. Four people were injured when the military bombed a sheikh’s home. Three snipers were killed. A suicide bomber killed a soldier and wounded four more.
In Haditha, four bodies belonging to kidnapping victims were found.
Military helicopters shot at a truck in Garma, killing four militants.
Five young men were kidnapped in Qaim.
An I.E.D. at a Sawha leader’s home in al-Jalam killed his wife, daughter, granddaughter, and daughter-in-law; two children were wounded.
Four policemen were killed and two more were wounded in a clash that also left several militants dead in Mussayab.
A shop owner was killed in Basra.
A bomb at a soldier’s home in Kirkuk wounded three family members.
In Baquba, a bomb killed a police officer and wounded four others.
Two gunmen were killed during an operation in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Abu Ghraib.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018