At least 70 people were killed and 93 more were wounded today. The worst attack occurred in Mussayab. Meanwhile, the Iraqi government is now offering a bounty of $17,200 for every militant killed and $25,800 for each one captured.
In Falluja, artillery strikes killed one person and wounded nine more, several of them from the same family. Clashes left three soldiers dead and three more with injuries. Separate fighting left one soldier dead and three wounded.
Ten militants were killed in an Anbar province security operation.
Security forces killed seven militants in Ramadi.
Mortars fired from Jurf al-Sakhar landed in Mussayab, where they killed 22 people and wounded at least 60 more at a market, parking lot and residential building. Jurf al-Sakhar has been the scene of clashes in recent days.
A bomb in Dujail killed four Sahwa members and wounded three more.
A bomb killed three Sahwa and wounded four more in Nibai.
Three Sahwa were killed and one civilian was wounded in a bombing in Maamil.
The body of a worker at Badush prison was found in nearby fields.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018