At least 58 people were killed in fresh violence, and 42 more were wounded. Clashes continued in Ramadi and Falluja. The third city under militant control, Suleiman Bek, also saw clashes. Also, Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said he would retire from politics just two months before national elections.
In Falluja, one person was killed and six more were wounded in bombings.
Gunmen killed five policemen at a checkpoint in Kirkuk.
Three soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in an attack in Riyadh. A policeman was kidnapped.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen. Two policemen were wounded in a separate attack. Two guards were two guards were killed at a local government building. A suicide bomber wounded four soldiers. The body of a manager in the Commerce Ministry was found.
Gunmen killed two farmers in Salah ad Din province.
In Hilla, gunmen killed a man and his son.
Gunmen killed a man and wounded his companion in Albu Shaheen.
A beheading victim was found in Taji.
A civilian was shot dead in Abu Ghraib.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017