At least 58 people were killed in fresh violence, and 42 more were wounded. Clashes continued in Ramadi and Falluja. The third city under militant control, Suleiman Bek, also saw clashes. Also, Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said he would retire from politics just two months before national elections.
In Falluja, one person was killed and six more were wounded in bombings.
Gunmen killed five policemen at a checkpoint in Kirkuk.
Three soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in an attack in Riyadh. A policeman was kidnapped.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen. Two policemen were wounded in a separate attack. Two guards were two guards were killed at a local government building. A suicide bomber wounded four soldiers. The body of a manager in the Commerce Ministry was found.
Gunmen killed two farmers in Salah ad Din province.
In Hilla, gunmen killed a man and his son.
Gunmen killed a man and wounded his companion in Albu Shaheen.
A beheading victim was found in Taji.
A civilian was shot dead in Abu Ghraib.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018