At least 32 people were killed and 70 more were wounded in the latest violence. A number of the casualties occurred in Anbar, but the worst single attack took place in Tuz Khormato. Also, a man running for a post in Baghdad was assassinated.
Scores of air strikes occurred in Anbar province, while an army base in Ramadi was attacked with mortars. In Ramadi, army forces killed four suicide bombers. Five people were killed and 29 more were wounded during shelling in Falluja. It is unclear who was behind the shelling. In Garma, clashes left six gunmen dead and four Sahwa members wounded. Casualty figures from Anbar are not independently confimable.
A bomb targeting an army commander in Baiji killed three bodyguards and wounded three bystanders.
Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in a bombing in Sadr City.
Gunmen killed a civilian near Muqdadiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018