At least 32 people were killed and 70 more were wounded in the latest violence. A number of the casualties occurred in Anbar, but the worst single attack took place in Tuz Khormato. Also, a man running for a post in Baghdad was assassinated.
Scores of air strikes occurred in Anbar province, while an army base in Ramadi was attacked with mortars. In Ramadi, army forces killed four suicide bombers. Five people were killed and 29 more were wounded during shelling in Falluja. It is unclear who was behind the shelling. In Garma, clashes left six gunmen dead and four Sahwa members wounded. Casualty figures from Anbar are not independently confimable.
A bomb targeting an army commander in Baiji killed three bodyguards and wounded three bystanders.
Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in a bombing in Sadr City.
Gunmen killed a civilian near Muqdadiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017