In Baghdad, a bomb killed five people and wounded 14 more at a Nahrawan market. Two people were killed and six more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a restaurant in the suburb of Husseiniya. A bomb in Rashidiya killed one and wounded five more. Two soldiers were shot dead. A bomb targeting pilgrims walking to Karbala killed seven people and wounded 14 more in the Risala neighborhood. Gunmen killed a shop owner.
Gunmen killed three soldiers in Tikrit.
Two bodies were found in a desert area near Rutba. One body belonged to the mayor’s son. The other belonged to a policeman. Both were kidnapped almost a week ago.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded in Ramadi when gunmen attacked a checkpoint.
A Sahwa member were shot dead at his home in Baiji.
In Mussayab, a sticky bomb killed a civilian.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Abu Saida.
A civilian was gunned down in Jalawla.
Three insurgents were killed in Falluja or Madaen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017