Bombs Targeting Iraq Police Leave 17 Dead, 46 Wounded
In Tal Afar, two policemen were killed when a car bomb exploded, and 24 more people were wounded. Two suicide bombers were killed before they reached their goal, but they managed to wound two policemen.
In Baghdad, one officer was killed and three soldiers were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya. An engineer was gunned down. A bomb in Jisr Diyala left one civilian dead and two more wounded.
In Tarmiya, one man was killed and another was wounded as they were planting a bomb.
An I.E.D. wounded three border guards in Karableh near Syria.
A bomb wounded four civilians at a Shirqat hospital.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014