Bombs Targeting Iraq Police Leave 17 Dead, 46 Wounded
In Tal Afar, two policemen were killed when a car bomb exploded, and 24 more people were wounded. Two suicide bombers were killed before they reached their goal, but they managed to wound two policemen.
In Baghdad, one officer was killed and three soldiers were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya. An engineer was gunned down. A bomb in Jisr Diyala left one civilian dead and two more wounded.
In Tarmiya, one man was killed and another was wounded as they were planting a bomb.
An I.E.D. wounded three border guards in Karableh near Syria.
A bomb wounded four civilians at a Shirqat hospital.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016
- 21 Killed, 124 Wounded in Iraq; Baghdad Protests Turn Deadly – May 20th, 2016
- 53 Killed in Iraq; Security Forces Draw Closer to Jordanian Border – May 19th, 2016