Bombs Targeting Iraq Police Leave 17 Dead, 46 Wounded
In Tal Afar, two policemen were killed when a car bomb exploded, and 24 more people were wounded. Two suicide bombers were killed before they reached their goal, but they managed to wound two policemen.
In Baghdad, one officer was killed and three soldiers were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya. An engineer was gunned down. A bomb in Jisr Diyala left one civilian dead and two more wounded.
In Tarmiya, one man was killed and another was wounded as they were planting a bomb.
An I.E.D. wounded three border guards in Karableh near Syria.
A bomb wounded four civilians at a Shirqat hospital.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- No End in Sight for Executioners; 256 Killed in Iraq – October 26th, 2016
- Rampant Executions in Mosul Theater; 244 Killed in Iraq – October 25th, 2016
- ISIS Captures City; 482 Killed Across Iraq – October 24th, 2016
- 418 Killed as Security Forces Capture Several Towns in Northern Iraq – October 23rd, 2016
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016