Bombings, Security Raids Leave 49 Dead Across Iraq
Monday: 49 Killed, 58 Wounded
At least 49 people were killed and 58 more were wounded in random attacks across Iraq. The worst violence occurred in and around Mosul. There was also a bomb in Baghdad that left over a dozen dead or injured.
In Baghdad, four people were killed and 21 more were wounded at a Kamaliya neighborhood bakery. Three people were shot dead in Jaara. No casualties were reported after a government employee and son were targeted for assassination.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a contractor. At least two more people were gunned down. Five soldiers were killed in a roadside blast. A bombing at a base left one soldier dead and three more wounded; one civilian was also killed in the blast, and five more were wounded.
A security operation in Suleiman Pak left 11 insurgents dead.
A bomb killed four soldiers in Hammam al-Alil.
An I.E.D. blast in Raweh wounded a civilian.
Four insurgents were killed during an operation in Hasiriya.
In Taji, gunmen wounded nine people, including two civilians, on a bus.
Gunmen killed two young men in Hilla.
Two Sahwa were gunned down in Hawija.
In Kirkuk, a 13-year-old was kidnapped.
Gunmen in Muqdadiya killed a Sahwa member and his relative.
Two people were shot and killed in Abu Saida.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- At Least 256 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014
- 102 Killed in Iraq As New Details about Anbar Army Massacre Emerge – September 26th, 2014
- 164 Killed, 133 Wounded in Iraq Attacks and Battles – September 25th, 2014