Bombings, Security Raids Leave 49 Dead Across Iraq
Monday: 49 Killed, 58 Wounded
At least 49 people were killed and 58 more were wounded in random attacks across Iraq. The worst violence occurred in and around Mosul. There was also a bomb in Baghdad that left over a dozen dead or injured.
In Baghdad, four people were killed and 21 more were wounded at a Kamaliya neighborhood bakery. Three people were shot dead in Jaara. No casualties were reported after a government employee and son were targeted for assassination.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a contractor. At least two more people were gunned down. Five soldiers were killed in a roadside blast. A bombing at a base left one soldier dead and three more wounded; one civilian was also killed in the blast, and five more were wounded.
A security operation in Suleiman Pak left 11 insurgents dead.
A bomb killed four soldiers in Hammam al-Alil.
An I.E.D. blast in Raweh wounded a civilian.
Four insurgents were killed during an operation in Hasiriya.
In Taji, gunmen wounded nine people, including two civilians, on a bus.
Gunmen killed two young men in Hilla.
Two Sahwa were gunned down in Hawija.
In Kirkuk, a 13-year-old was kidnapped.
Gunmen in Muqdadiya killed a Sahwa member and his relative.
Two people were shot and killed in Abu Saida.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fighting in Anbar Progresses Slowly; 79 Killed across Iraq – November 29th, 2015
- 58 Killed across Iraq; Over 120 Found in Mass Grave – November 28th, 2015
- Suicide Bomber Targets Soldiers; 57 Killed across Iraq – November 27th, 2015
- French Reportedly Bomb School; 48 Killed across Iraq – November 26th, 2015
- 112 Killed across Iraq as Turkey Resumes Bombing Runs – November 25th, 2015