At least 21 Iraqis, 12 Iranians Killed in Iraq Attacks; 71 More Wounded
Suicide bombers staged two major attacks today. Although most of the recent bombings took place in Baghdad, today’s significant attacks took place outside the capital. At least 33 people were killed and 71 more were wounded across Iraq. Twelve of those killed and 37 of those wounded were Iranian pilgrims traveling to visit holy shrines in Iraq.
A suicide bomber drove into a bus carrying Iranian pilgrims through Muqdadiya. As many as 17 pilgrims were killed and 45 others were wounded. Twelve of the dead and 37 of the wounded were Iranian. The group was headed to Najaf.
Five policemen were killed and eight others were wounded, when two suicide bombers detonated their car bombs at the same time on a highway near Ramadi. Four civilians were also killed.
A bomb killed a Baghdad neighborhood leader and wounded two relatives in Falluja,
A bomb killed a soldier and wounded another in Shirqat.
In Khanaqin, a sticky bomb wounded a county official and his son.
The number of injured in yesterday’s attack in Taji rose by 11 to 21 wounded.
A taxi driver was kidnapped in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executing Deserters in Iraq; 190 Killed – December 21st, 2014
- Mass Grave Found in Sinjar, 166 Killed Across Iraq – December 20th, 2014
- Heavy Fighting Continues Near Sinjar, 11 Killed in Baghdad – December 19th, 2014
- Sinjar Operation Continues; 142 Killed Across Iraq – December 18th, 2014
- Operation To Free Yazidi Town Begins; 131 Killed Across Iraq – December 17th, 2014