One child was killed and 11 others were wounded when a bomb targeting a Sahwa commander exploded in Hawija.
In Mosul, security forces killed a suicide bomber attempting to strike a federal police base. A gunman was killed when he tried to attack a separate checkpoint. No casualties were reported after a bomb blasted a car carrying the governor’s adviser on Christian affairs. Gunmen killed an office manager working for a political party. The head of a polling center was assassinated.
Two soldiers were killed in a Qara Tapa blast.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a minibus killed three university students and wounded two other people in Kadhimiya.
Clashes in Wadi Hajar left one man dead and one woman wounded.
A bomb killed three people, including two civilians, in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019