One child was killed and 11 others were wounded when a bomb targeting a Sahwa commander exploded in Hawija.
In Mosul, security forces killed a suicide bomber attempting to strike a federal police base. A gunman was killed when he tried to attack a separate checkpoint. No casualties were reported after a bomb blasted a car carrying the governor’s adviser on Christian affairs. Gunmen killed an office manager working for a political party. The head of a polling center was assassinated.
Two soldiers were killed in a Qara Tapa blast.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a minibus killed three university students and wounded two other people in Kadhimiya.
Clashes in Wadi Hajar left one man dead and one woman wounded.
A bomb killed three people, including two civilians, in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018