One child was killed and 11 others were wounded when a bomb targeting a Sahwa commander exploded in Hawija.
In Mosul, security forces killed a suicide bomber attempting to strike a federal police base. A gunman was killed when he tried to attack a separate checkpoint. No casualties were reported after a bomb blasted a car carrying the governor’s adviser on Christian affairs. Gunmen killed an office manager working for a political party. The head of a polling center was assassinated.
Two soldiers were killed in a Qara Tapa blast.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a minibus killed three university students and wounded two other people in Kadhimiya.
Clashes in Wadi Hajar left one man dead and one woman wounded.
A bomb killed three people, including two civilians, in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017