Iraq Executes 18; Nine More Killed in Attacks
Wednesday: 9 Killed, 18 Executed, 37 Wounded
Attacks left nine dead and 37 wounded. The Iraqi government announced that 18 men were executed over the last couple of weeks.
The Iraqi government said that 18 Iraqi men were executed during March. The men were found guilty on terrorism-related charges.
Three people were killed and 14 more were wounded when a car bomb was detonated in Mussayab.
A bomb in Madaen left two dead and 11 wounded when it exploded.
In Mosul, two soldiers were killed and one more was wounded in an I.E.D. bombing.
A mokhtar was assassinated in Baquba.
A sticky bomb killed a police officer in Tikrit.
A car bomb targeting a police colonel’s home in Dujail wounded seven people when it exploded. Among the injured were the colonel and his daughter.
In Kirkuk, a roadside bomb targeting a brigadier general in the Kurdish security forces wounded three bodyguards. One policeman was wounded in a blast targeting police dogs. A bomb targeting the provincial governor left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017