Twelve Killed in Iraq, Including Another Political Candidate
Sunday: 12 Killed, 20 Wounded
At least 12 people were killed and 20 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, five soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in attacks on two checkpoints. Gunmen killed a civilian. A mokhtar was assassinated as he left his home.
Bombs planted at four Abu Ghraib homes belonging to Sahwa members exploded, killing two people and wounding six others, including children.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed two people and wounded another who is female.
A political candidate was assassinated in Baghdad.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, at least six policemen were wounded in a blast.
An I.E.D. wounded two soldiers in Baquba.
In Ramadi, a roadside bomb wounded two civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks Iraq Security Forces and Politicians Leave 17 Dead and 11 Wounded – December 11th, 2013
- Bombers Attack Another Funeral; 39 Killed, 46 Wounded Across Iraq – December 10th, 2013
- 43 Killed, 60 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Attacks – December 9th, 2013
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013