Twelve Killed in Iraq, Including Another Political Candidate
Sunday: 12 Killed, 20 Wounded
At least 12 people were killed and 20 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, five soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in attacks on two checkpoints. Gunmen killed a civilian. A mokhtar was assassinated as he left his home.
Bombs planted at four Abu Ghraib homes belonging to Sahwa members exploded, killing two people and wounding six others, including children.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed two people and wounded another who is female.
A political candidate was assassinated in Baghdad.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, at least six policemen were wounded in a blast.
An I.E.D. wounded two soldiers in Baquba.
In Ramadi, a roadside bomb wounded two civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 279 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Leave Over A Hundred Dead – July 18th, 2014