Twelve Killed in Iraq, Including Another Political Candidate
Sunday: 12 Killed, 20 Wounded
At least 12 people were killed and 20 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, five soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in attacks on two checkpoints. Gunmen killed a civilian. A mokhtar was assassinated as he left his home.
Bombs planted at four Abu Ghraib homes belonging to Sahwa members exploded, killing two people and wounding six others, including children.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed two people and wounded another who is female.
A political candidate was assassinated in Baghdad.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, at least six policemen were wounded in a blast.
An I.E.D. wounded two soldiers in Baquba.
In Ramadi, a roadside bomb wounded two civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014
- 168 Killed Across Iraq As U.S. and Militiamen Focus on Rescuing Turkmen in Amerli – August 27th, 2014