Twelve Killed in Iraq, Including Another Political Candidate
Sunday: 12 Killed, 20 Wounded
At least 12 people were killed and 20 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, five soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in attacks on two checkpoints. Gunmen killed a civilian. A mokhtar was assassinated as he left his home.
Bombs planted at four Abu Ghraib homes belonging to Sahwa members exploded, killing two people and wounding six others, including children.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed two people and wounded another who is female.
A political candidate was assassinated in Baghdad.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, at least six policemen were wounded in a blast.
An I.E.D. wounded two soldiers in Baquba.
In Ramadi, a roadside bomb wounded two civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016
- Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq – February 8th, 2016