Twelve Killed in Iraq, Including Another Political Candidate
Sunday: 12 Killed, 20 Wounded
At least 12 people were killed and 20 more were wounded in new attacks.
In Mosul, five soldiers were killed and three more were wounded in attacks on two checkpoints. Gunmen killed a civilian. A mokhtar was assassinated as he left his home.
Bombs planted at four Abu Ghraib homes belonging to Sahwa members exploded, killing two people and wounding six others, including children.
A bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed two people and wounded another who is female.
A political candidate was assassinated in Baghdad.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, at least six policemen were wounded in a blast.
An I.E.D. wounded two soldiers in Baquba.
In Ramadi, a roadside bomb wounded two civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Coalition Strikes Kill Civilians in Mosul; 244 Killed across Iraq – April 21st, 2015
- 161 Killed across Iraq As Bombs Continue in Baghdad – April 20th, 2015
- Militants Execute Iraq Civilians; 208 Killed Overall – April 19th, 2015
- Iraq Force Retake Baiji Refinery; 158 Killed across Country – April 18th, 2015
- Bombers Strike in Baghdad; 479 Killed Across Iraq – April 17th, 2015