Provincial Governor Among Wounded in Iraq Violence; 16 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 16 Killed, 10 Wounded
At least 16 people were killed and 10 more were wounded mostly across northern and eastern Iraq. The governor of Diyala province was wounded in one of the most effective attacks.
A suicide car bomber attacked the Baquba home of Diyala province’s governor. The blast killed two bodyguards and wounded seven others, including the governor. Omar al-Humairi became governor of the restive province only last September.
A civilian was killed and another was wounded when a bomb exploded near Falluja.
Gunmen wounded an official in Kirkuk.
Four benzene tankers and a number of cars were set on fire at a restaurant near Samarra when a bomb exploded. The number of casualties was unknown.
No casualties were reported after an explosion in Sadr City.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014
- ISIS Takes Another Yazidi Town; 183 Killed Across Iraq – August 15th, 2014