Provincial Governor Among Wounded in Iraq Violence; 16 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 16 Killed, 10 Wounded
At least 16 people were killed and 10 more were wounded mostly across northern and eastern Iraq. The governor of Diyala province was wounded in one of the most effective attacks.
A suicide car bomber attacked the Baquba home of Diyala province’s governor. The blast killed two bodyguards and wounded seven others, including the governor. Omar al-Humairi became governor of the restive province only last September.
A civilian was killed and another was wounded when a bomb exploded near Falluja.
Gunmen wounded an official in Kirkuk.
Four benzene tankers and a number of cars were set on fire at a restaurant near Samarra when a bomb exploded. The number of casualties was unknown.
No casualties were reported after an explosion in Sadr City.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014
- Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded – February 28th, 2014