Provincial Governor Among Wounded in Iraq Violence; 16 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 16 Killed, 10 Wounded
At least 16 people were killed and 10 more were wounded mostly across northern and eastern Iraq. The governor of Diyala province was wounded in one of the most effective attacks.
A suicide car bomber attacked the Baquba home of Diyala province’s governor. The blast killed two bodyguards and wounded seven others, including the governor. Omar al-Humairi became governor of the restive province only last September.
A civilian was killed and another was wounded when a bomb exploded near Falluja.
Gunmen wounded an official in Kirkuk.
Four benzene tankers and a number of cars were set on fire at a restaurant near Samarra when a bomb exploded. The number of casualties was unknown.
No casualties were reported after an explosion in Sadr City.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Politicians Blame Anbar Refugees for Baghdad Blasts; 65 Killed across Iraq – May 1st, 2015
- 4,811 Killed in Iraq during April – April 30th, 2015
- 69 Killed across Iraq as Sadr Threatens Return to Fight – April 29th, 2015
- Dumped Bodies Rattle Baghdad; 48 Killed across Iraq – April 28th, 2015
- More Bombs for Baghdad; 148 Killed across Iraq – April 27th, 2015