Iraq Security Checkpoints Targeted: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Monday: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Insurgents targeted several checkpoints across the country. At least 26 were killed and 37 more were wounded, most of them security personnel, in those and other attacks.
Gunmen killed three soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Baiji.
A bomb planted in a trashcan at a Rawa car park exploded, killing three people and wounding two others.
In the Thar Thar region, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
A policeman was killed and two others were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Haditha where they killed a policeman and wounded two soldiers.
A bomb in Hit killed one civilian and wounded another.
A bomb in Garma wounded two policemen.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014