Iraq Security Checkpoints Targeted: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Monday: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Insurgents targeted several checkpoints across the country. At least 26 were killed and 37 more were wounded, most of them security personnel, in those and other attacks.
Gunmen killed three soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Baiji.
A bomb planted in a trashcan at a Rawa car park exploded, killing three people and wounding two others.
In the Thar Thar region, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
A policeman was killed and two others were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Haditha where they killed a policeman and wounded two soldiers.
A bomb in Hit killed one civilian and wounded another.
A bomb in Garma wounded two policemen.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militias Return to Fighting; 142 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2015
- Militias Pushed Out of Tikrit Battle; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2015
- 109 Killed across Iraq as U.S. Begins Airstrikes in Tikrit – March 25th, 2015
- U.S. Begins Flights over Tikrit, as 105 Are Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2015
- Bombs Shake Baghdad; 189 Killed in Iraq – March 23rd, 2015