Iraq Security Checkpoints Targeted: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Monday: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Insurgents targeted several checkpoints across the country. At least 26 were killed and 37 more were wounded, most of them security personnel, in those and other attacks.
Gunmen killed three soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Baiji.
A bomb planted in a trashcan at a Rawa car park exploded, killing three people and wounding two others.
In the Thar Thar region, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
A policeman was killed and two others were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Haditha where they killed a policeman and wounded two soldiers.
A bomb in Hit killed one civilian and wounded another.
A bomb in Garma wounded two policemen.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016
- 21 Killed, 124 Wounded in Iraq; Baghdad Protests Turn Deadly – May 20th, 2016