Iraq Security Checkpoints Targeted: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Monday: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Insurgents targeted several checkpoints across the country. At least 26 were killed and 37 more were wounded, most of them security personnel, in those and other attacks.
Gunmen killed three soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Baiji.
A bomb planted in a trashcan at a Rawa car park exploded, killing three people and wounding two others.
In the Thar Thar region, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
A policeman was killed and two others were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Haditha where they killed a policeman and wounded two soldiers.
A bomb in Hit killed one civilian and wounded another.
A bomb in Garma wounded two policemen.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Police; 22 Killed, 30 Wounded Across Iraq – December 12th, 2013
- Attacks Iraq Security Forces and Politicians Leave 17 Dead and 11 Wounded – December 11th, 2013
- Bombers Attack Another Funeral; 39 Killed, 46 Wounded Across Iraq – December 10th, 2013
- 43 Killed, 60 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Attacks – December 9th, 2013
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013