Iraq Security Checkpoints Targeted: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Monday: 26 Killed, 37 Wounded
Insurgents targeted several checkpoints across the country. At least 26 were killed and 37 more were wounded, most of them security personnel, in those and other attacks.
Gunmen killed three soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Baiji.
A bomb planted in a trashcan at a Rawa car park exploded, killing three people and wounding two others.
In the Thar Thar region, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded two more.
A policeman was killed and two others were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Haditha where they killed a policeman and wounded two soldiers.
A bomb in Hit killed one civilian and wounded another.
A bomb in Garma wounded two policemen.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014