Attacks on Iraqi Police Leave Five Dead
Light prayer day violence left five dead and nine wounded. Meanwhile, Sunnis held anti-government protests for the fourth Friday in a row and said that the prisoner releases were not enough to end their demonstrations.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed two policemen.
Two soldiers were killed in a Tal Afar bombing.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Hamdaniya.
An I.E.D. in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded three policemen.
A bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
Late last night in Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a policeman.
No casualties were reported after rockets landed on a military site in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks Iraq Security Forces and Politicians Leave 17 Dead and 11 Wounded – December 11th, 2013
- Bombers Attack Another Funeral; 39 Killed, 46 Wounded Across Iraq – December 10th, 2013
- 43 Killed, 60 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Attacks – December 9th, 2013
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013