Attacks on Iraqi Police Leave Five Dead
Light prayer day violence left five dead and nine wounded. Meanwhile, Sunnis held anti-government protests for the fourth Friday in a row and said that the prisoner releases were not enough to end their demonstrations.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed two policemen.
Two soldiers were killed in a Tal Afar bombing.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Hamdaniya.
An I.E.D. in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded three policemen.
A bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
Late last night in Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a policeman.
No casualties were reported after rockets landed on a military site in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014
- ISIS Takes Another Yazidi Town; 183 Killed Across Iraq – August 15th, 2014