Attacks on Iraqi Police Leave Five Dead
Light prayer day violence left five dead and nine wounded. Meanwhile, Sunnis held anti-government protests for the fourth Friday in a row and said that the prisoner releases were not enough to end their demonstrations.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed two policemen.
Two soldiers were killed in a Tal Afar bombing.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Hamdaniya.
An I.E.D. in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded three policemen.
A bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
Late last night in Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a policeman.
No casualties were reported after rockets landed on a military site in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014