Attacks on Iraqi Police Leave Five Dead
Light prayer day violence left five dead and nine wounded. Meanwhile, Sunnis held anti-government protests for the fourth Friday in a row and said that the prisoner releases were not enough to end their demonstrations.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed two policemen.
Two soldiers were killed in a Tal Afar bombing.
Gunmen wounded two policemen in Hamdaniya.
An I.E.D. in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded three policemen.
A bomb wounded two policemen in Mosul.
Late last night in Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a policeman.
No casualties were reported after rockets landed on a military site in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 6,000 Killed during March in Iraq; 94 More Killed on Wednesday – April 1st, 2015
- 252 Killed in Iraq, Including Iranian Pilgrims – March 31st, 2015
- Shi’ite Militias Say Airstrikes Ending; 103 Killed in Iraq – March 30th, 2015
- Iraq Forces Struggle in Tikrit; 164 Killed in Battles – March 29th, 2015
- 66 Killed across Iraq as U.S. Carpetbombs Tikrit – March 28th, 2015