Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016
- UK Ramps Up Strikes; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2016
- Militants Immolate Civilians; 216 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2016
- Shirqat Close to Liberated; 60 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2016
- ISIS Fleeing Shirqat; 65 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2016