Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Uniformed Gunmen Attack Polling Center in Iraq; 29 Killed, 61 Wounded – April 22nd, 2014
- Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq – April 21st, 2014
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014