Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilian Casualties in Turkish Airstrikes as 174 Are Killed Across Iraq – February 5th, 2016
- String of Blasts Hits Baghdad; 283 Killed in Iraq – February 4th, 2016
- 111 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Attacks Ramadi Security Forces – February 3rd, 2016
- Falluja Civilians Starving as 27 Are Killed in Iraq – February 2nd, 2016
- 4409 Killed in Iraq During January – February 1st, 2016