Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Child Among Execution Victims; 68 Killed in Iraq – July 28th, 2016
- Mass Grave Found in Fallujah; 125 Killed in Iraq – July 27th, 2016
- 74 Killed in Iraq, Including Family Fleeing ISIS – July 26th, 2016
- Bomber Strike East of Baghdad; 138 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2016
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016