Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Troops Advancing Rapidly Towards Mosul Bridge; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 26th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Heavy Fighting in Mosul; 223 Killed in Iraq – February 25th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Border Checkpoint; 117 Killed in Iraq – February 24th, 2017
- Mosul Airport, Army Base Captured; 83 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2017
- U.S. Forces Shot at in Mosul; 130 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2017