Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militiamen Slaughter Sunnis; 230 Killed, 68 Wounded Across Iraq – August 22nd, 2014
- Across Iraq 68 Killed in Clashes, Airstrikes – August 21st, 2014
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014