Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Bombed As Forces Retake More Towns; 175 Killed Across Iraq – October 1st, 2014
- 3,790 Killed Across Iraq in September – September 30th, 2014
- At Least 246 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014