Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 111 Killed in Iraq as Rumors Ignite Riot in Baghdad – May 14th, 2015
- 104 Killed in Iraq; Drone Strike Kills Family – May 13th, 2015
- Bombers Target Shi’ite Pilgrims; 137 Killed across Iraq – May 12th, 2015
- Sunni Leaders Complain of Lack of Power as 55 Are Killed across Iraq – May 11th, 2015
- Battles Ramp up in the Mountains North of Baghdad; 250 Killed across Iraq – May 10th, 2015