Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fallujah Displaced Desperate; 69 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2016
- Militias Sneak into Fallujah; 256 Killed in Iraq Battles, Attacks – June 22nd, 2016
- Baghdad Magnified Gains in Fallujah; 49 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2016
- Bomber Targets NZ Base Camp; 20 Killed in Iraq – June 20th, 2016
- Fighting Continues in Fallujah; 240 Killed Across Iraq – June 19th, 2016