Bombings and Shootings Leave 16 Killed, 35 Wounded in Iraq
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in the latest violence.
In Baghdad, an explosion at a Hurriya bus stop left five dead and 15 wounded. One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast targeting police. A sticky bomb wounded a parliament employee.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded during a shootout in Taji.
A bomb targeting the head of Diyala University killed two bodyguards and wounded four others when it exploded in Baquba.
An explosion wounded grocery store owner in Mussayab.
At least four more people were killed and four others were wounded in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Attack on Forces in Anbar; 195 Killed in Iraq – April 29th, 2016
- Biden Visits Baghdad; 107 Killed in Iraq – April 28th, 2016
- Iraq Army Advances Towards Mosul; 311 Killed Across Country – April 27th, 2016
- 94 Killed Across Iraq; Tuz Khormato Still a Battle Zone – April 26th, 2016
- Clashes Continue in Tuz Khormato; 159 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2016