35 Killed in Attack on Shi’ite Pilgrims in Iraq
Saturday: 36 Killed, 31 Wounded
At least 36 people were killed and 31 more were wounded in attacks today. Some of the victims were Shi’ite pilgrims traveling from Iran and Pakistan.
A car bomb blast at a rest stop in Balad killed 35 people and wounded 29 more. Several victims were Iranian or Pakistani nationals. The bomb targeted the group as they paused between visits to Shi’ite shrines. They had just arrived on two buses from Samarra.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a policeman and another person.
A sticky bomb wounded a man in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 58 Killed, 45 Wounded Across Iraq; Militiamen Boldly Operate Under Own Terms – October 21st, 2014
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014
- New Iraq Ministers Selected, As 294 Are Killed – October 18th, 2014
- No Halt in Baghdad Bombings; 142 Killed, 122 Wounded Across Iraq – October 17th, 2014