35 Killed in Attack on Shi’ite Pilgrims in Iraq
Saturday: 36 Killed, 31 Wounded
At least 36 people were killed and 31 more were wounded in attacks today. Some of the victims were Shi’ite pilgrims traveling from Iran and Pakistan.
A car bomb blast at a rest stop in Balad killed 35 people and wounded 29 more. Several victims were Iranian or Pakistani nationals. The bomb targeted the group as they paused between visits to Shi’ite shrines. They had just arrived on two buses from Samarra.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a policeman and another person.
A sticky bomb wounded a man in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executes Hundreds in Iraq – February 7th, 2016
- Suicide Bomber Strikes near US Base; 125 Killed Across Iraq – February 6th, 2016
- Civilian Casualties in Turkish Airstrikes as 174 Are Killed Across Iraq – February 5th, 2016
- String of Blasts Hits Baghdad; 283 Killed in Iraq – February 4th, 2016
- 111 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Attacks Ramadi Security Forces – February 3rd, 2016