35 Killed in Attack on Shi’ite Pilgrims in Iraq
Saturday: 36 Killed, 31 Wounded
At least 36 people were killed and 31 more were wounded in attacks today. Some of the victims were Shi’ite pilgrims traveling from Iran and Pakistan.
A car bomb blast at a rest stop in Balad killed 35 people and wounded 29 more. Several victims were Iranian or Pakistani nationals. The bomb targeted the group as they paused between visits to Shi’ite shrines. They had just arrived on two buses from Samarra.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a policeman and another person.
A sticky bomb wounded a man in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 5,000 Killed Across Iraq in July – July 31st, 2014
- Saddam’s Body Moved Over ISIS Fears; 149 Killed, 104 Across Iraq – July 30th, 2014
- Hundreds Butchered by ISIS, Over A Hundred More Killed By Iraq Gov’t – July 29th, 2014
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014