35 Killed in Attack on Shi’ite Pilgrims in Iraq
Saturday: 36 Killed, 31 Wounded
At least 36 people were killed and 31 more were wounded in attacks today. Some of the victims were Shi’ite pilgrims traveling from Iran and Pakistan.
A car bomb blast at a rest stop in Balad killed 35 people and wounded 29 more. Several victims were Iranian or Pakistani nationals. The bomb targeted the group as they paused between visits to Shi’ite shrines. They had just arrived on two buses from Samarra.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a policeman and another person.
A sticky bomb wounded a man in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Tribal Fighters Executed in Iraq; 115 Killed, 59 Wounded – October 31st, 2014
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014