Four Killed in Iraq; Clashes Break Out at Politician’s Home
Friday: 4 Killed, 21 Wounded
At least four Iraqis were killed and 21 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, Turkish jets struck alleged Kurdish rebel camps in northern Iraq.
A soldier and an another person were killed when clashes broke out in Tuz Khormato. Soldiers tried to search a home belonging to a politician, but were repulsed by the politician’s guards. The soldiers were searching for a smuggler. At least 16 people were also wounded.
Two civilians were wounded during a bombing near a blacksmith shop in Saidiya.
A blast wounded two soldiers in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 4,800 Killed in Iraq During August – September 1st, 2014
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014