Four Killed in Iraq; Clashes Break Out at Politician’s Home
Friday: 4 Killed, 21 Wounded
At least four Iraqis were killed and 21 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, Turkish jets struck alleged Kurdish rebel camps in northern Iraq.
A soldier and an another person were killed when clashes broke out in Tuz Khormato. Soldiers tried to search a home belonging to a politician, but were repulsed by the politician’s guards. The soldiers were searching for a smuggler. At least 16 people were also wounded.
Two civilians were wounded during a bombing near a blacksmith shop in Saidiya.
A blast wounded two soldiers in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015