Four Killed in Iraq; Clashes Break Out at Politician’s Home
Friday: 4 Killed, 21 Wounded
At least four Iraqis were killed and 21 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, Turkish jets struck alleged Kurdish rebel camps in northern Iraq.
A soldier and an another person were killed when clashes broke out in Tuz Khormato. Soldiers tried to search a home belonging to a politician, but were repulsed by the politician’s guards. The soldiers were searching for a smuggler. At least 16 people were also wounded.
Two civilians were wounded during a bombing near a blacksmith shop in Saidiya.
A blast wounded two soldiers in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sinjar Operation Continues; 142 Killed Across Iraq – December 18th, 2014
- Operation To Free Yazidi Town Begins; 131 Killed Across Iraq – December 17th, 2014
- Iraq: 241 Killed, Including 150 Women Who Spurned ISIS Suitors – December 16th, 2014
- 101 Killed in Iraq, and Thousands Are Missing – December 15th, 2014
- Iraqi, Kurdish Forces Kill Dozens of Militants – December 14th, 2014