Three Killed in Northern Iraq Violence
Light violence over the last pair of days left three killed and nine wounded. The deaths occurred in and around Mosul. Other attacks took place further south.
A soldier was killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Qayara.
A bomb in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded three policemen.
Gunmen wounded two off duty soldiers in al-Shura.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb targeting an Iraqiya party lawmaker wounded two bodyguards instead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 109 Killed As Bombers Strike in Baghdad and Iraq Army Base – September 22nd, 2014
- Siege at Army Base Ongoing; 175 Killed, 102 Wounded Across Iraq – September 21st, 2014
- Clashes and Airstrikes Across Iraq Leave 154 Dead and Dozens Wounded – September 20th, 2014
- 71 Killed, 86 Wounded Across Iraq As Bombers Hit Baghdad Again – September 19th, 2014
- Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine; 195 Killed, 173 Wounded Across Iraq – September 18th, 2014