Three Killed in Northern Iraq Violence
Light violence over the last pair of days left three killed and nine wounded. The deaths occurred in and around Mosul. Other attacks took place further south.
A soldier was killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Qayara.
A bomb in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded three policemen.
Gunmen wounded two off duty soldiers in al-Shura.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb targeting an Iraqiya party lawmaker wounded two bodyguards instead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014
- Bombers Take Toll on Northern Iraq; 71 Killed, 82 Wounded – April 13th, 2014
- Bombers, Gunmen Leave 48 Dead, 43 Hurt Across Iraq – April 12th, 2014
- 54 Killed, 26 Wounded in Iraq As Militants Try to Kill Deputy PM – April 11th, 2014