Three Killed in Northern Iraq Violence
Light violence over the last pair of days left three killed and nine wounded. The deaths occurred in and around Mosul. Other attacks took place further south.
A soldier was killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Qayara.
A bomb in Jurf al-Sakhar wounded three policemen.
Gunmen wounded two off duty soldiers in al-Shura.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb targeting an Iraqiya party lawmaker wounded two bodyguards instead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Bombed As Forces Retake More Towns; 175 Killed Across Iraq – October 1st, 2014
- 3,790 Killed Across Iraq in September – September 30th, 2014
- At Least 246 killed across Iraq As Battles Rage near Baghdad – September 29th, 2014
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014