Four Iraqi Children Killed in Suicide Bombing Outside School; 23 Dead Across Iraq
Monday: 23 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
Updated at 11:15 p.m. EDT, September 24, 2012
At least 23 Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in violent attacks. The highest toll occurred in Hit where a suicide bomber killed four children on their second day at school.
Four children were killed and eight more youngsters were wounded in Hit, when a suicide bomber missed his police patrol targets. The current semester began only yesterday. United Nations envoy to Iraq Martin Kobler condemned the "frightful attack."
A small arms attack on an Iskandariya checkpoint left three soldiers dead and three more wounded.
In Baghdad, four checkpoint guards were killed in a drive-by shooting near the Green Zone.
A bomb killed two policemen and wounded four more in Ni’aimiya.
Five bodies were found dumped in the desert west of Mosul in Mohalabiya.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded two soldiers.
Two policemen were killed and another was wounded when gunmen attacked a Kirkuk checkpoint.
A roadside bomb planted near an orchard in Abbara exploded, wounding a man and his daughter.
A policeman was wounded when a bomb planted on his car exploded in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014
- ISIS Blows Up Tombs in Mosul; 147 Killed Across Iraq – July 24th, 2014