Updated at 11:15 p.m. EDT, September 24, 2012
At least 23 Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in violent attacks. The highest toll occurred in Hit where a suicide bomber killed four children on their second day at school.
Four children were killed and eight more youngsters were wounded in Hit, when a suicide bomber missed his police patrol targets. The current semester began only yesterday. United Nations envoy to Iraq Martin Kobler condemned the "frightful attack."
A small arms attack on an Iskandariya checkpoint left three soldiers dead and three more wounded.
In Baghdad, four checkpoint guards were killed in a drive-by shooting near the Green Zone.
A bomb killed two policemen and wounded four more in Ni’aimiya.
Five bodies were found dumped in the desert west of Mosul in Mohalabiya.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded two soldiers.
Two policemen were killed and another was wounded when gunmen attacked a Kirkuk checkpoint.
A roadside bomb planted near an orchard in Abbara exploded, wounding a man and his daughter.
A policeman was wounded when a bomb planted on his car exploded in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018