Four Iraqi Children Killed in Suicide Bombing Outside School; 23 Dead Across Iraq
Monday: 23 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
Updated at 11:15 p.m. EDT, September 24, 2012
At least 23 Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in violent attacks. The highest toll occurred in Hit where a suicide bomber killed four children on their second day at school.
Four children were killed and eight more youngsters were wounded in Hit, when a suicide bomber missed his police patrol targets. The current semester began only yesterday. United Nations envoy to Iraq Martin Kobler condemned the "frightful attack."
A small arms attack on an Iskandariya checkpoint left three soldiers dead and three more wounded.
In Baghdad, four checkpoint guards were killed in a drive-by shooting near the Green Zone.
A bomb killed two policemen and wounded four more in Ni’aimiya.
Five bodies were found dumped in the desert west of Mosul in Mohalabiya.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded two soldiers.
Two policemen were killed and another was wounded when gunmen attacked a Kirkuk checkpoint.
A roadside bomb planted near an orchard in Abbara exploded, wounding a man and his daughter.
A policeman was wounded when a bomb planted on his car exploded in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016
- 553 Killed and Executed in Iraq as Militants Attack Kirkuk – October 21st, 2016
- US Soldier Among 126 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2016
- 232 Killed in Iraq as Mosul Fighting Heats Up – October 19th, 2016
- 180 Killed in Iraq as Mosul Operations Continue – October 18th, 2016