Eight Killed, 18 Wounded Across Iraq
Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded
At least eight people were killed and 18 more were wounded in several attacks across northern and central Iraq.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a roadside blast near Duluiya.
One person was killed and two more were wounded in a Baquba bombing.
Three farmers were seriously wounded when a bomb exploded in a field in Zaaniya.
A bomb in Ramadi wounded a civilian.
A military force stopped an assault against a Sahwa checkpoint in Niba’e and killed one of the attackers.
Two journalists were released in Diyala province. A third one who was detained is awaiting further interrogation.
Three people were arrested trying to blow up a house in Gatoun.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Forces Make Some Progress; 139 Killed – March 4th, 2015
- 128 Killed in Iraq Battles and Attacks – March 3rd, 2015
- Operations Continue in Northern Iraq; 171 Killed, 210 Wounded – March 2nd, 2015
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015