At least eight people were killed and 18 more were wounded in several attacks across northern and central Iraq.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a roadside blast near Duluiya.
One person was killed and two more were wounded in a Baquba bombing.
Three farmers were seriously wounded when a bomb exploded in a field in Zaaniya.
A bomb in Ramadi wounded a civilian.
A military force stopped an assault against a Sahwa checkpoint in Niba’e and killed one of the attackers.
Two journalists were released in Diyala province. A third one who was detained is awaiting further interrogation.
Three people were arrested trying to blow up a house in Gatoun.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018