Eight Killed, 18 Wounded Across Iraq
Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded
At least eight people were killed and 18 more were wounded in several attacks across northern and central Iraq.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a roadside blast near Duluiya.
One person was killed and two more were wounded in a Baquba bombing.
Three farmers were seriously wounded when a bomb exploded in a field in Zaaniya.
A bomb in Ramadi wounded a civilian.
A military force stopped an assault against a Sahwa checkpoint in Niba’e and killed one of the attackers.
Two journalists were released in Diyala province. A third one who was detained is awaiting further interrogation.
Three people were arrested trying to blow up a house in Gatoun.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Pilgrims Attacked Again in Iraq; 73 Killed, 121 Wounded – December 19th, 2013
- Pakistani and Saudi Pilgrims Among 30 Killed, 53 Wounded Across Iraq – December 18th, 2013
- More Attacks Against Shi’ite Pilgrims in Iraq; 33 Killed, 62 Wounded – December 17th, 2013
- Iraq Attacks Against Pilgrims, Govt Buildings Leave 100 Dead and 183 Wounded – December 16th, 2013
- Journalist Among 37 Killed in Iraq, 62 More Wounded – December 15th, 2013