Eight Killed, 18 Wounded Across Iraq
Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded
At least eight people were killed and 18 more were wounded in several attacks across northern and central Iraq.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a roadside blast near Duluiya.
One person was killed and two more were wounded in a Baquba bombing.
Three farmers were seriously wounded when a bomb exploded in a field in Zaaniya.
A bomb in Ramadi wounded a civilian.
A military force stopped an assault against a Sahwa checkpoint in Niba’e and killed one of the attackers.
Two journalists were released in Diyala province. A third one who was detained is awaiting further interrogation.
Three people were arrested trying to blow up a house in Gatoun.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 4,800 Killed in Iraq During August – September 1st, 2014
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014