Suicide Bomber at Entrance to Baghdad’s Green Zone; 11 Killed, 38 Wounded Across Iraq
Monday: 11 Killed, 38 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed, including a suicide bomber, and 38 more were wounded. The bomber may have been trying to drive into the Green Zone when he detonated his explosives.
In Baghdad, a suicide car bombing at a Karrada checkpoint left eight dead and 31 wounded. The blast took place near the 14 July Bridge leading into the Green Zone, where the Iraqi government offices are, and injured one member of parliament.
An I.E.D wounded two policemen in Ramadi.
Gunmen shot and wounded a professor in Qadisiya.
A bomb exploded near a church in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013