As U.N. Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie visited Iraq, at least five Iraqis were killed. Another four Iraqis more were wounded, and so were four Iranians.
U.N. Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie met with Iraqi leaders to discuss the estimated 52,000 refugees coming in from Syria and called on Iraq to ensure adequate supplies for them. About 31,000 are Iraqis who fled violence in Iraq and now are forced to return home to avoid more fighting. The rest are Syrians. Jolie had earlier visited Syrian refugee camps in Turkey and met with officials in Ankara. She is expected in Iraqi Kurdistan tomorrow.
Three cousins were killed when gunmen stormed their Hajj Ali home.
A local official was gunned down in Kirkuk.
Four Iranian tourists were wounded in Madaen when their bus struck a roadside bomb.
In Baghdad, a police colonel was wounded in a small arms attack.
A police officer survived a roadside bombing in Ramadi, but his injuries, if any, went unreported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018