As U.N. Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie visited Iraq, at least five Iraqis were killed. Another four Iraqis more were wounded, and so were four Iranians.
U.N. Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie met with Iraqi leaders to discuss the estimated 52,000 refugees coming in from Syria and called on Iraq to ensure adequate supplies for them. About 31,000 are Iraqis who fled violence in Iraq and now are forced to return home to avoid more fighting. The rest are Syrians. Jolie had earlier visited Syrian refugee camps in Turkey and met with officials in Ankara. She is expected in Iraqi Kurdistan tomorrow.
Three cousins were killed when gunmen stormed their Hajj Ali home.
A local official was gunned down in Kirkuk.
Four Iranian tourists were wounded in Madaen when their bus struck a roadside bomb.
In Baghdad, a police colonel was wounded in a small arms attack.
A police officer survived a roadside bombing in Ramadi, but his injuries, if any, went unreported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Kidnapped Pilgrims Found; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2018
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018