2 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded in Market Bomb Blast
Friday: 2 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded
Two Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in one of the two attacks reported today. In the other, a kidnap victim was captured and rescued in a matter of hours. Also, demonstrations against the United States continued.
Parliamentary Speaker Usama al-Nujaifi denounced insulting Mohammed but also condemned retaliatory attacks, saying such violence not only goes against religious values but also justifies further attacks against Islam.
In Ramadi, protestors demanded to cut ties with the U.S. and expel the U.S. Ambassador.
A kidnapping victim from the Hamrim area was liberated, and the kidnappers were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Tribal Fighters Executed in Iraq; 115 Killed, 59 Wounded – October 31st, 2014
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014