Two Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in one of the two attacks reported today. In the other, a kidnap victim was captured and rescued in a matter of hours. Also, demonstrations against the United States continued.
Parliamentary Speaker Usama al-Nujaifi denounced insulting Mohammed but also condemned retaliatory attacks, saying such violence not only goes against religious values but also justifies further attacks against Islam.
In Ramadi, protestors demanded to cut ties with the U.S. and expel the U.S. Ambassador.
A kidnapping victim from the Hamrim area was liberated, and the kidnappers were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018