Two Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in one of the two attacks reported today. In the other, a kidnap victim was captured and rescued in a matter of hours. Also, demonstrations against the United States continued.
Parliamentary Speaker Usama al-Nujaifi denounced insulting Mohammed but also condemned retaliatory attacks, saying such violence not only goes against religious values but also justifies further attacks against Islam.
In Ramadi, protestors demanded to cut ties with the U.S. and expel the U.S. Ambassador.
A kidnapping victim from the Hamrim area was liberated, and the kidnappers were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018