2 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded in Market Bomb Blast
Friday: 2 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded
Two Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in one of the two attacks reported today. In the other, a kidnap victim was captured and rescued in a matter of hours. Also, demonstrations against the United States continued.
Parliamentary Speaker Usama al-Nujaifi denounced insulting Mohammed but also condemned retaliatory attacks, saying such violence not only goes against religious values but also justifies further attacks against Islam.
In Ramadi, protestors demanded to cut ties with the U.S. and expel the U.S. Ambassador.
A kidnapping victim from the Hamrim area was liberated, and the kidnappers were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Takes the Brunt of Attacks That Leave 61 Dead, 214 Wounded – December 8th, 2013
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013
- Journalist Assassinated in Kurdistan; 15 Killed, 33 Wounded Across Iraq – December 6th, 2013
- Shootings and Bombings Leave 14 Dead, 7 Wounded – December 5th, 2013
- Another Security Installation Targeted in Iraq; 31 Killed, 106 Wounded – December 4th, 2013