2 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded in Market Bomb Blast
Friday: 2 Iraqis Killed, 18 Wounded
Two Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in one of the two attacks reported today. In the other, a kidnap victim was captured and rescued in a matter of hours. Also, demonstrations against the United States continued.
Parliamentary Speaker Usama al-Nujaifi denounced insulting Mohammed but also condemned retaliatory attacks, saying such violence not only goes against religious values but also justifies further attacks against Islam.
In Ramadi, protestors demanded to cut ties with the U.S. and expel the U.S. Ambassador.
A kidnapping victim from the Hamrim area was liberated, and the kidnappers were arrested.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 154 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017
- Non-combat Death of U.S. Servicemember; 144 Others Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2017
- Early Advances in Mosul Operation; 151 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2017
- Defense Officials Say Mosul Operations Restart; 85 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2017
- Silent, Peaceful Rally Held in Baghdad; 67 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2017