At least four Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in an unusually quiet day in Iraq.
In Iskandariya, gunmen killed a sheikh; a sticky bomb planted on the car carrying him to a hospital exploded but no more casualties were reported. Six soldiers and a civilian were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded.
Gunmen in Jurf al-Sakhar killed a shepherd and wounded his son.
A sheikh was shot dead at his home in Hay.
Gunmen killed a local leader in Abu Khanzeer.
A bomb near the governor’s office in Kirkuk left no casualties when it exploded.
Two bombs exploded but left no casualties in Mualimeen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018