At least four Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in an unusually quiet day in Iraq.
In Iskandariya, gunmen killed a sheikh; a sticky bomb planted on the car carrying him to a hospital exploded but no more casualties were reported. Six soldiers and a civilian were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded.
Gunmen in Jurf al-Sakhar killed a shepherd and wounded his son.
A sheikh was shot dead at his home in Hay.
Gunmen killed a local leader in Abu Khanzeer.
A bomb near the governor’s office in Kirkuk left no casualties when it exploded.
Two bombs exploded but left no casualties in Mualimeen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017