At least four Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in an unusually quiet day in Iraq.
In Iskandariya, gunmen killed a sheikh; a sticky bomb planted on the car carrying him to a hospital exploded but no more casualties were reported. Six soldiers and a civilian were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded.
Gunmen in Jurf al-Sakhar killed a shepherd and wounded his son.
A sheikh was shot dead at his home in Hay.
Gunmen killed a local leader in Abu Khanzeer.
A bomb near the governor’s office in Kirkuk left no casualties when it exploded.
Two bombs exploded but left no casualties in Mualimeen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018