Four Iraqis Killed
Wednesday: 4 Iraqis Killed, 8 Wounded
At least four Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in an unusually quiet day in Iraq.
In Iskandariya, gunmen killed a sheikh; a sticky bomb planted on the car carrying him to a hospital exploded but no more casualties were reported. Six soldiers and a civilian were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded.
Gunmen in Jurf al-Sakhar killed a shepherd and wounded his son.
A sheikh was shot dead at his home in Hay.
Gunmen killed a local leader in Abu Khanzeer.
A bomb near the governor’s office in Kirkuk left no casualties when it exploded.
Two bombs exploded but left no casualties in Mualimeen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 154 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017
- Non-combat Death of U.S. Servicemember; 144 Others Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2017
- Early Advances in Mosul Operation; 151 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2017
- Defense Officials Say Mosul Operations Restart; 85 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2017
- Silent, Peaceful Rally Held in Baghdad; 67 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2017