At least four Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in an unusually quiet day in Iraq.
In Iskandariya, gunmen killed a sheikh; a sticky bomb planted on the car carrying him to a hospital exploded but no more casualties were reported. Six soldiers and a civilian were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded.
Gunmen in Jurf al-Sakhar killed a shepherd and wounded his son.
A sheikh was shot dead at his home in Hay.
Gunmen killed a local leader in Abu Khanzeer.
A bomb near the governor’s office in Kirkuk left no casualties when it exploded.
Two bombs exploded but left no casualties in Mualimeen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017
- Militants Blow up Home with Civilians Sealed Inside; 103 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2017
- Italian Troops Deployed to Guard Mosul Dam; 170 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2017