The war in Syria spread briefly into Iraq, leaving one young Iraqi girl dead. Also, as happened yesterday, a series of bombs wounded a significant number of people. Overall, at least five Iraqis were killed and 49 more were wounded.
A stray rocket crossed the Syrian border and killed a four-year-old girl and wounded four others inside a home in Qaim. A total of four rockets flew in from Albu Kamal, Syria, where clashes were taking place. Authorities also reported that clashes between Iraqi border troops and rebels took place two days ago, when rebels tried to smuggle supplies in from Iraq.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded during an attack in Suleiman Beg.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Garma.
Ten people were wounded when a bomb exploded in Baiji.
One civilian was wounded in a blast in al-Zerkaneh.
A sticky bomb blast in Jalawla wounded one civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018