5 Killed, 49 Wounded in Iraq Violence
Saturday: 5 Killed, 49 Wounded
The war in Syria spread briefly into Iraq, leaving one young Iraqi girl dead. Also, as happened yesterday, a series of bombs wounded a significant number of people. Overall, at least five Iraqis were killed and 49 more were wounded.
A stray rocket crossed the Syrian border and killed a four-year-old girl and wounded four others inside a home in Qaim. A total of four rockets flew in from Albu Kamal, Syria, where clashes were taking place. Authorities also reported that clashes between Iraqi border troops and rebels took place two days ago, when rebels tried to smuggle supplies in from Iraq.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded during an attack in Suleiman Beg.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Garma.
Ten people were wounded when a bomb exploded in Baiji.
One civilian was wounded in a blast in al-Zerkaneh.
A sticky bomb blast in Jalawla wounded one civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013
- Baghdad Liquor Stores Targeted in Ongoing Attacks – May 14th, 2013
- Cleric and Councilman Among 14 Killed in Iraq – May 13th, 2013