The war in Syria spread briefly into Iraq, leaving one young Iraqi girl dead. Also, as happened yesterday, a series of bombs wounded a significant number of people. Overall, at least five Iraqis were killed and 49 more were wounded.
A stray rocket crossed the Syrian border and killed a four-year-old girl and wounded four others inside a home in Qaim. A total of four rockets flew in from Albu Kamal, Syria, where clashes were taking place. Authorities also reported that clashes between Iraqi border troops and rebels took place two days ago, when rebels tried to smuggle supplies in from Iraq.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded during an attack in Suleiman Beg.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Garma.
Ten people were wounded when a bomb exploded in Baiji.
One civilian was wounded in a blast in al-Zerkaneh.
A sticky bomb blast in Jalawla wounded one civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018