At least nine Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in new violence. One of the injured was hurt in a Turkish bombing attack.
Turkish jets bombed areas of northern Iraq. One civilian was wounded, but many more were terrorized by the bombings that occur often and without permission from the Iraqi government. The jets were targeting Kurdistan rebel hideouts.
Two dumped bodies were found in separate locations in Kirkuk. One body belonged to a woman.
A shooting in Falluja left one civilian dead and one policeman wounded.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Mafraq.
A soldier was gunned down in Wahda.
In Abu Ghraib, a sniper killed a policeman.
An army colonel and three bodyguards were wounded when gunmen shot at them in Amin.
A farmer and his daughter were wounded in an explosion in al-Kuba.
A sticky bomb attached to a car in Muradiya wounded a Sahwa member and his son.
Soldiers allegedly cursed at and then beat up a member of the Basra city council.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018