At least nine Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in new violence. One of the injured was hurt in a Turkish bombing attack.
Turkish jets bombed areas of northern Iraq. One civilian was wounded, but many more were terrorized by the bombings that occur often and without permission from the Iraqi government. The jets were targeting Kurdistan rebel hideouts.
Two dumped bodies were found in separate locations in Kirkuk. One body belonged to a woman.
A shooting in Falluja left one civilian dead and one policeman wounded.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Mafraq.
A soldier was gunned down in Wahda.
In Abu Ghraib, a sniper killed a policeman.
An army colonel and three bodyguards were wounded when gunmen shot at them in Amin.
A farmer and his daughter were wounded in an explosion in al-Kuba.
A sticky bomb attached to a car in Muradiya wounded a Sahwa member and his son.
Soldiers allegedly cursed at and then beat up a member of the Basra city council.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017