16 Iraqis Killed in New Violence
Tuesday: 16 Iraqis Killed, 19 Wounded
Violence left at least 16 dead and 18 wounded across Iraq. One attack in northern Iraq allegedly carried out by the military may have been accidental, but there others were deliberate. Although security forces and government employees continue to be the main targets for aggression, several of the casualties today were civilians.
In Mosul two police officers were gunned down at separate locations. A roadside bomb killed one woman and wounded another. A bomb killed two people, one of them a policeman, and wounded another person. A body was found.
In Baghdad, two Iraqis soldiers were shot dead in the Naariya neighborhood. Gunmen killed an employee of the Justice Ministry while on a highway in Jamiaa. An Agriculture Ministry employee was gunned down in Amil.
Three children were killed and six others were wounded when bombs blew up at two homes in Hamiat.
A councilman in Salah ad Din province said his al-Sadeh home was hit by a rocket launched from an army plane. The attack killed his sister and wounded three other people. The army denied involvement.
A motorcycle bomb killed one person and wounded four others in Baiji.
A bomb exploded outside a Kbesah mosque.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 242 Killed in Iraq, Including U.S. Soldier – May 3rd, 2016
- Security Forces Cooperate and Free Bashir; 165 Killed in Iraq – May 2nd, 2016
- 4,609 Killed in Iraq During April – May 1st, 2016
- 80 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike in Baghdad – April 30th, 2016
- Suicide Attack on Forces in Anbar; 195 Killed in Iraq – April 29th, 2016