Violence left at least 16 dead and 18 wounded across Iraq. One attack in northern Iraq allegedly carried out by the military may have been accidental, but there others were deliberate. Although security forces and government employees continue to be the main targets for aggression, several of the casualties today were civilians.
In Mosul two police officers were gunned down at separate locations. A roadside bomb killed one woman and wounded another. A bomb killed two people, one of them a policeman, and wounded another person. A body was found.
In Baghdad, two Iraqis soldiers were shot dead in the Naariya neighborhood. Gunmen killed an employee of the Justice Ministry while on a highway in Jamiaa. An Agriculture Ministry employee was gunned down in Amil.
Three children were killed and six others were wounded when bombs blew up at two homes in Hamiat.
A councilman in Salah ad Din province said his al-Sadeh home was hit by a rocket launched from an army plane. The attack killed his sister and wounded three other people. The army denied involvement.
A motorcycle bomb killed one person and wounded four others in Baiji.
A bomb exploded outside a Kbesah mosque.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018