At least eight Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in light violence that was directed at security personnel or political leaders. Most eyes, however, were turned towards the Iraq-Turkey border where the battle between Turkish troops and Kurdish rebels intensified.
Nineteen people were killed and at least 15 were wounded when Kurdish rebels attacked a Turkish border post. Turkish warplanes may possibly enter Iraq chasing the retreating rebels who use northern Iraq for its base camps. Turkey has entered Iraqi territory without permission for years in pursuit of the rebels.
Three policemen were killed when gunmen attacked their checkpoint in Bab Sinjar.
A policeman’s body bearing bullet wounds to the head was found in Kut.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017