At least eight Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in light violence that was directed at security personnel or political leaders. Most eyes, however, were turned towards the Iraq-Turkey border where the battle between Turkish troops and Kurdish rebels intensified.
Nineteen people were killed and at least 15 were wounded when Kurdish rebels attacked a Turkish border post. Turkish warplanes may possibly enter Iraq chasing the retreating rebels who use northern Iraq for its base camps. Turkey has entered Iraqi territory without permission for years in pursuit of the rebels.
Three policemen were killed when gunmen attacked their checkpoint in Bab Sinjar.
A policeman’s body bearing bullet wounds to the head was found in Kut.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018