Violence tapered off dramatically today, but at least 13 Iraqis were reported killed and 25 more wounded.
A car bomb at the home of a police officer in Ad Dawr killed five family members. When the officer and his son went out, the car bomb was driven into their empty garage. His wife and four children were killed. Ten neighbors were wounded in surrounding buildings.
Gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three soldiers during clashes in Hadid.
Two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a small arms attack in Hashimiyat.
In Mosul, a soldier was killed and a civilian was wounded in separate small arms attacks.
A former Peshmerga general was assassinated at his ranch near Kirkuk.
A bomb left at the gate of a home in Mafraq exploded and wounded five people.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen east of Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017