Violence tapered off dramatically today, but at least 13 Iraqis were reported killed and 25 more wounded.
A car bomb at the home of a police officer in Ad Dawr killed five family members. When the officer and his son went out, the car bomb was driven into their empty garage. His wife and four children were killed. Ten neighbors were wounded in surrounding buildings.
Gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three soldiers during clashes in Hadid.
Two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a small arms attack in Hashimiyat.
In Mosul, a soldier was killed and a civilian was wounded in separate small arms attacks.
A former Peshmerga general was assassinated at his ranch near Kirkuk.
A bomb left at the gate of a home in Mafraq exploded and wounded five people.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen east of Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018