Family of Five Among 13 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 13 Iraqis Killed, 25 Wounded
Violence tapered off dramatically today, but at least 13 Iraqis were reported killed and 25 more wounded.
A car bomb at the home of a police officer in Ad Dawr killed five family members. When the officer and his son went out, the car bomb was driven into their empty garage. His wife and four children were killed. Ten neighbors were wounded in surrounding buildings.
Gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three soldiers during clashes in Hadid.
Two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a small arms attack in Hashimiyat.
In Mosul, a soldier was killed and a civilian was wounded in separate small arms attacks.
A former Peshmerga general was assassinated at his ranch near Kirkuk.
A bomb left at the gate of a home in Mafraq exploded and wounded five people.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen east of Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014
- 716 Killed As Army and Peshmerga Forces Liberate Iraq Towns – October 25th, 2014