Family of Five Among 13 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 13 Iraqis Killed, 25 Wounded
Violence tapered off dramatically today, but at least 13 Iraqis were reported killed and 25 more wounded.
A car bomb at the home of a police officer in Ad Dawr killed five family members. When the officer and his son went out, the car bomb was driven into their empty garage. His wife and four children were killed. Ten neighbors were wounded in surrounding buildings.
Gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three soldiers during clashes in Hadid.
Two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a small arms attack in Hashimiyat.
In Mosul, a soldier was killed and a civilian was wounded in separate small arms attacks.
A former Peshmerga general was assassinated at his ranch near Kirkuk.
A bomb left at the gate of a home in Mafraq exploded and wounded five people.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen east of Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Another Town Falls to ISIS; 114 Killed Across Iraq – October 23rd, 2014
- Battles Rage Not Far from Baghdad; 282 Killed, 116 Wounded Across Iraq – October 22nd, 2014
- 58 Killed, 45 Wounded Across Iraq; Militiamen Boldly Operate Under Own Terms – October 21st, 2014
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014