Family of Five Among 13 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 13 Iraqis Killed, 25 Wounded
Violence tapered off dramatically today, but at least 13 Iraqis were reported killed and 25 more wounded.
A car bomb at the home of a police officer in Ad Dawr killed five family members. When the officer and his son went out, the car bomb was driven into their empty garage. His wife and four children were killed. Ten neighbors were wounded in surrounding buildings.
Gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three soldiers during clashes in Hadid.
Two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a small arms attack in Hashimiyat.
In Mosul, a soldier was killed and a civilian was wounded in separate small arms attacks.
A former Peshmerga general was assassinated at his ranch near Kirkuk.
A bomb left at the gate of a home in Mafraq exploded and wounded five people.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen east of Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017
- Mortars Target Civilians in Mosul; 109 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2017