Family of Five Among 13 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 13 Iraqis Killed, 25 Wounded
Violence tapered off dramatically today, but at least 13 Iraqis were reported killed and 25 more wounded.
A car bomb at the home of a police officer in Ad Dawr killed five family members. When the officer and his son went out, the car bomb was driven into their empty garage. His wife and four children were killed. Ten neighbors were wounded in surrounding buildings.
Gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three soldiers during clashes in Hadid.
Two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a small arms attack in Hashimiyat.
In Mosul, a soldier was killed and a civilian was wounded in separate small arms attacks.
A former Peshmerga general was assassinated at his ranch near Kirkuk.
A bomb left at the gate of a home in Mafraq exploded and wounded five people.
A roadside bomb wounded two policemen east of Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Suffer Losses; 132 Killed across Iraq – May 6th, 2015
- 63 Killed across Iraq; Bombs Continue in Baghdad – May 5th, 2015
- Baiji Refinery in Peril, 106 Killed across Iraq – May 4th, 2015
- Mass Executions Continue in Northern Iraq; 167 Killed – May 3rd, 2015
- Canadian PM Visits Iraq as 110 Are Killed – May 2nd, 2015