Attacks Continue Across Iraq: 17 Killed, 60 Wounded
Monday: 17 Killed, 60 Wounded
At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 60 more were wounded in a third day of elevated violence. The holy month of Ramadan, which began late last week, was preceded by a short period of relative quiet.
Six Asayesh agents were killed and two more were wounded when a motorcycle bomb exploded in Tuz Khormato as the patrol passed it. Three bystanders were also wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded six more in Ur last night. Two people were killed and two more were wounded in a bombing in Jisr Diyala. Gunmen killed the owner of a computer store, also in Jisr Diyala. A bomb targeting a patrol in Arab Jabour wounded five people, including three civilians. Gunmen attacked a home belonging to a former lawmaker but no casualties were reported.
A ten-year-old girl was killed and two women were wounded in a Hawija bomb attack.
A sticky bomb killed a former brigadier in Ramadi.
In Mosul, a body bearing gunshot wounds was found.
Two policemen were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Horaymat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013
- Baghdad Liquor Stores Targeted in Ongoing Attacks – May 14th, 2013
- Cleric and Councilman Among 14 Killed in Iraq – May 13th, 2013