11 Iraqis Killed in Bomb and Gun Attacks
11 Iraqis Killed, 11 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in relatively light violence over the last two days.
In Mosul, a bomb killed five people, including three civilians, and wounded three policemen. A former brigadier general was gunned down. Gunmen also killed a civilian. A policeman was killed and two civilians were wounded in a clash.
A blast in Wassit province killed a military officer and wounded two soldiers.
After killing a civilian in Tuz Khormato, gunmen drove away in the victim’s car.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded a captain in Kirkuk.
Two civilians were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Zuba.
In Tarmiya, a bomb planted on a motorcycle wounded a Sahwa member.
Gunmen blew up three shops belonging to Sahwa members in Salman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014