11 Iraqis Killed in Bomb and Gun Attacks
11 Iraqis Killed, 11 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in relatively light violence over the last two days.
In Mosul, a bomb killed five people, including three civilians, and wounded three policemen. A former brigadier general was gunned down. Gunmen also killed a civilian. A policeman was killed and two civilians were wounded in a clash.
A blast in Wassit province killed a military officer and wounded two soldiers.
After killing a civilian in Tuz Khormato, gunmen drove away in the victim’s car.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded a captain in Kirkuk.
Two civilians were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Zuba.
In Tarmiya, a bomb planted on a motorcycle wounded a Sahwa member.
Gunmen blew up three shops belonging to Sahwa members in Salman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014