11 Iraqis Killed in Bomb and Gun Attacks
11 Iraqis Killed, 11 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in relatively light violence over the last two days.
In Mosul, a bomb killed five people, including three civilians, and wounded three policemen. A former brigadier general was gunned down. Gunmen also killed a civilian. A policeman was killed and two civilians were wounded in a clash.
A blast in Wassit province killed a military officer and wounded two soldiers.
After killing a civilian in Tuz Khormato, gunmen drove away in the victim’s car.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded a captain in Kirkuk.
Two civilians were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Zuba.
In Tarmiya, a bomb planted on a motorcycle wounded a Sahwa member.
Gunmen blew up three shops belonging to Sahwa members in Salman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 4,800 Killed in Iraq During August – September 1st, 2014
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014