11 Iraqis Killed in Bomb and Gun Attacks
11 Iraqis Killed, 11 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in relatively light violence over the last two days.
In Mosul, a bomb killed five people, including three civilians, and wounded three policemen. A former brigadier general was gunned down. Gunmen also killed a civilian. A policeman was killed and two civilians were wounded in a clash.
A blast in Wassit province killed a military officer and wounded two soldiers.
After killing a civilian in Tuz Khormato, gunmen drove away in the victim’s car.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded a captain in Kirkuk.
Two civilians were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Zuba.
In Tarmiya, a bomb planted on a motorcycle wounded a Sahwa member.
Gunmen blew up three shops belonging to Sahwa members in Salman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014