11 Iraqis Killed in Bomb and Gun Attacks
11 Iraqis Killed, 11 Wounded
At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in relatively light violence over the last two days.
In Mosul, a bomb killed five people, including three civilians, and wounded three policemen. A former brigadier general was gunned down. Gunmen also killed a civilian. A policeman was killed and two civilians were wounded in a clash.
A blast in Wassit province killed a military officer and wounded two soldiers.
After killing a civilian in Tuz Khormato, gunmen drove away in the victim’s car.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded a captain in Kirkuk.
Two civilians were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Zuba.
In Tarmiya, a bomb planted on a motorcycle wounded a Sahwa member.
Gunmen blew up three shops belonging to Sahwa members in Salman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Executions in Hawija; 175 Killed in Iraq – August 27th, 2016
- Suicide bombers Attack Refugee Camp; 96 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2016
- Fleeing Civilians Shot; 116 Killed in Iraq – August 25th, 2016
- Qayara Reported Liberated; 111 Killed in Iraq – August 24th, 2016
- Fighting Continues in Khalidiya; 189 Killed in Iraq – August 23rd, 2016