Iraqi Security Forces Targeted: 18 Killed
Tuesday: 18 Iraqis Killed, 12 Wounded
The terrorism trial against Tareq al-Hashemi resumed today, with Hashemi’s lawyers returning in their official capacity but without Hashemi himself. The lawyers had quit in protest during an earlier session, claiming judicial bias against Hashemi. Hashemi, meanwhile, is in Turkey and denies all charges. After police witnesses claimed they found several silencers at Hashemi’s home and that of his son-in-law’s, court was adjourned until next month.
Meanwhile, at least 18 Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded.
In Mosul, three policemen were shot dead at a checkpoint. Another policeman was killed at his home. Five people were killed and three policemen were wounded; three civilians were among the dead.
A roadside bomb killed five people and wounded three more in Ayadiya; a woman and two policemen were among the casualties.
A bike bomb killed one civilian and wounded five others in Tarmiya.
In Baghdad, gunmen stormed a money exchange killing the owner and wounding his son.
A tribal leader was assassinated in Falluja.
An I.E.D. killed a security guard, working for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, in Jalawla.
The daughter of a security official went missing in Tuz Khormato.
In Rawa, a councilman’s son was kidnapped.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Blasts in Baghdad; 50 Killed in Iraq – June 30th, 2016
- Airstrikes near Fallujah Kill Hundreds; 285 Killed in Iraq – June 29th, 2016
- Sinjar Mass Graves in Danger of Destruction; 197 Killed Across Iraq – June 28th, 2016
- Suicide Blast at Abu Ghraib Mosque; 166 Killed in Iraq – June 27th, 2016
- Iran Artillery Fire Wounds Civilians; 93 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2016