At least six Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in new violence. Also, several attacks against political targets failed to leave casualties.
Three people were killed when a roadside bomb exploded in Kirkuk. The man, who had been arrested by U.S. forces on several occasions, was allegedly planting the bomb when it blew up. His wife and child accompanied him as cover.
In Mosul, a captain killed himself while on duty at a checkpoint. A body was found just south of the city..
An I.E.D. on a road in Balad exploded and wounded four people, mostly policemen.
In Gatoun, a bomb targeting a female employee of the Diyala appeals court exploded, wounding two people.
An I.E.D. wounded two people on a main road in Garma.
In Mafraq, a policeman was wounded when an I.E.D. exploded.
A grenade tossed at the Diwaniya home of an advisor to the Qadisiya governor left no casualties.
Security experts in Baquba dismantled a bomb at the home of an Iraqiya politician. No casualties were reported.
A bomb was tossed into the garden of a home belonging to a director of internal affairs of Dhi Qar province in Basra. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018