At least six Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in new violence. Also, several attacks against political targets failed to leave casualties.
Three people were killed when a roadside bomb exploded in Kirkuk. The man, who had been arrested by U.S. forces on several occasions, was allegedly planting the bomb when it blew up. His wife and child accompanied him as cover.
In Mosul, a captain killed himself while on duty at a checkpoint. A body was found just south of the city..
An I.E.D. on a road in Balad exploded and wounded four people, mostly policemen.
In Gatoun, a bomb targeting a female employee of the Diyala appeals court exploded, wounding two people.
An I.E.D. wounded two people on a main road in Garma.
In Mafraq, a policeman was wounded when an I.E.D. exploded.
A grenade tossed at the Diwaniya home of an advisor to the Qadisiya governor left no casualties.
Security experts in Baquba dismantled a bomb at the home of an Iraqiya politician. No casualties were reported.
A bomb was tossed into the garden of a home belonging to a director of internal affairs of Dhi Qar province in Basra. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018