At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence. Insurgents are now targeting power lines importing electricity into Iraq from Iran. Despite great oil wealth, Iraq has little ability to produce its own electricity, and this has lead to riots, particularly in the summertime.
A blast in Abu Ghraib killed one policeman and wounded three more.
In Mosul, a lawyer and a professor were killed in separate shootings.
In Duluiya, the police chief was killed and two others were wounded in a sticky bomb blast.
An I.E.D. blast injured a Sahwa member in Mussayab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017