Light violence left two dead and seven wounded in Baquba. Also, the U.S. military announced that U.S. troops will cease daily joint operations with Peshmerga and Arab security forces in northern Iraq at the end of the month but will be on hand should any need for them arise.
A suicide car bomber killed one civilian and wounded seven others when he attacked a convoy carrying a senior police officer in Baquba. The bomber may have been another victim.
A six-year-old girl was released after her family produce a $150,000 ransom. The child, whose father is a police officer, was taken in Tikrit.
Roadside bombs separately blasted two U.S. patrols in the Diwaniya area.
U.S. forces detained seven suspects near Nasariya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017