Light violence left two dead and seven wounded in Baquba. Also, the U.S. military announced that U.S. troops will cease daily joint operations with Peshmerga and Arab security forces in northern Iraq at the end of the month but will be on hand should any need for them arise.
A suicide car bomber killed one civilian and wounded seven others when he attacked a convoy carrying a senior police officer in Baquba. The bomber may have been another victim.
A six-year-old girl was released after her family produce a $150,000 ransom. The child, whose father is a police officer, was taken in Tikrit.
Roadside bombs separately blasted two U.S. patrols in the Diwaniya area.
U.S. forces detained seven suspects near Nasariya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018