Light violence left two dead and seven wounded in Baquba. Also, the U.S. military announced that U.S. troops will cease daily joint operations with Peshmerga and Arab security forces in northern Iraq at the end of the month but will be on hand should any need for them arise.
A suicide car bomber killed one civilian and wounded seven others when he attacked a convoy carrying a senior police officer in Baquba. The bomber may have been another victim.
A six-year-old girl was released after her family produce a $150,000 ransom. The child, whose father is a police officer, was taken in Tikrit.
Roadside bombs separately blasted two U.S. patrols in the Diwaniya area.
U.S. forces detained seven suspects near Nasariya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018