Light violence left two dead and seven wounded in Baquba. Also, the U.S. military announced that U.S. troops will cease daily joint operations with Peshmerga and Arab security forces in northern Iraq at the end of the month but will be on hand should any need for them arise.
A suicide car bomber killed one civilian and wounded seven others when he attacked a convoy carrying a senior police officer in Baquba. The bomber may have been another victim.
A six-year-old girl was released after her family produce a $150,000 ransom. The child, whose father is a police officer, was taken in Tikrit.
Roadside bombs separately blasted two U.S. patrols in the Diwaniya area.
U.S. forces detained seven suspects near Nasariya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018