Violence left at least two Iraqis dead and 26 more wounded. In Baghdad, Iraqi lawmakers have not yet decided whether they will ask for U.S. troops to remain past a withdrawal deadline. Meanwhile, the League of the Righteous reiterated their demands in regards to a British bodyguard they’ve held hostage for four years. They want the United States to release their colleagues from detention.
A bomb strapped to the motorcycle wounded 15 people, including two policemen, in Baquba. A civilian was wounded in a shooting. Two suspects were arrested in connection with a sticky bomb wounded a civilian. Three suspects were arrested after police defused a bomb. Five more suspects were detained.
A bomb in Rutba killed one person and wounded two others.
In Kut, a sticky bomb killed a civilian.
Eight suspects were arrested in Karbala.
Seven suspects were captured in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017