Violence left at least two Iraqis dead and 26 more wounded. In Baghdad, Iraqi lawmakers have not yet decided whether they will ask for U.S. troops to remain past a withdrawal deadline. Meanwhile, the League of the Righteous reiterated their demands in regards to a British bodyguard they’ve held hostage for four years. They want the United States to release their colleagues from detention.
A bomb strapped to the motorcycle wounded 15 people, including two policemen, in Baquba. A civilian was wounded in a shooting. Two suspects were arrested in connection with a sticky bomb wounded a civilian. Three suspects were arrested after police defused a bomb. Five more suspects were detained.
A bomb in Rutba killed one person and wounded two others.
In Kut, a sticky bomb killed a civilian.
Eight suspects were arrested in Karbala.
Seven suspects were captured in Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018