At least four Iraqis were killed and five more were wounded in very light violence. Three foreigners were also killed, during a home invasion in Hilla, and seven Iranian soldiers were killed near the border.
In Hilla, gunmen broke into a home where they killed three inhabitants. One was the Kuwaiti owner of the home. Another was a Turkish engineer. An Indian servant was killed as well.
Seven Iranian soldiers were killed as they strayed into a minefield on the Iran-Iraq border. Because the borders are poorly demarcated, the group may have been in Iraqi territory when they were killed.
In Baghdad, two civilians were wounded in Allawi during a blast. Gunmen seriously wounded a policeman in Shabb. An airport security chief was wounded in an attack in Mansour. A bomb near Andalus Square was defused.
A man was killed as he was planting a bomb in Suwayra.
A body bearing signs of torture was found in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017