At least four Iraqis were killed and five more were wounded in very light violence. Three foreigners were also killed, during a home invasion in Hilla, and seven Iranian soldiers were killed near the border.
In Hilla, gunmen broke into a home where they killed three inhabitants. One was the Kuwaiti owner of the home. Another was a Turkish engineer. An Indian servant was killed as well.
Seven Iranian soldiers were killed as they strayed into a minefield on the Iran-Iraq border. Because the borders are poorly demarcated, the group may have been in Iraqi territory when they were killed.
In Baghdad, two civilians were wounded in Allawi during a blast. Gunmen seriously wounded a policeman in Shabb. An airport security chief was wounded in an attack in Mansour. A bomb near Andalus Square was defused.
A man was killed as he was planting a bomb in Suwayra.
A body bearing signs of torture was found in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018