Saturday: 6 Iraqis Killed
Violence appeared to fall sharply as the weekend approached. Only six Iraqis were reported killed Friday or Saturday.
Two bodies were found west of Mosul; one was bearing gunshot wounds, the other had blunt force injuries.
Two bodies bearing gunshot wounds were found in Rabeaa.
A bomb was defused in Mukhamisa.
Eleven activists were detained in Baghdad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014