At least eight Iraqis were killed and 30 more were wounded in new attacks. Also, one U.S. sailor was killed in a non-combat incident.
In Mosul, a civilian was killed in a drive-by shooting. Gunmen killed two policemen at a checkpoint, and shot dead a student elsewhere. A bomb targeting an electoral commission employee failed to harm anyone. Gunmen wounded a senior oil official.
Two bombs in Sadr City killed three people and wounded 10 others.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeting a housing ministry official wounded four bystanders instead. A bombing in Mesbah wounded three people. Gunmen wounded a policeman in Hurriya. Two people were wounded in a bombing Khilani Square. Five were wounded in a double bombing near the al-Rusafa Education Directorate.
A booby-trapped car wounded four bodyguards working for a judge in Tikrit.
An Iraqi civilian was killed by soldiers in Falluja.
Six suspects were captured in the Kirkuk area.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017