At least eight Iraqis were killed and 30 more were wounded in new attacks. Also, one U.S. sailor was killed in a non-combat incident.
In Mosul, a civilian was killed in a drive-by shooting. Gunmen killed two policemen at a checkpoint, and shot dead a student elsewhere. A bomb targeting an electoral commission employee failed to harm anyone. Gunmen wounded a senior oil official.
Two bombs in Sadr City killed three people and wounded 10 others.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeting a housing ministry official wounded four bystanders instead. A bombing in Mesbah wounded three people. Gunmen wounded a policeman in Hurriya. Two people were wounded in a bombing Khilani Square. Five were wounded in a double bombing near the al-Rusafa Education Directorate.
A booby-trapped car wounded four bodyguards working for a judge in Tikrit.
An Iraqi civilian was killed by soldiers in Falluja.
Six suspects were captured in the Kirkuk area.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018