At least 11 Iraqis and one Egyptian were killed in the latest attacks. Another 14 Iraqis were wounded.
Gunmen staged an attack in Kubisa where they killed six security personnel and wounded eight others, four of them civilians.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed a soldier and wounded four more in Mustansiriya. A double blast killed one person and wounded another on Palestine Street. A bomb in Mansour wounded an employee o the prime minister’s office.
In Numaniya, gunmen killed a merchant and his Egyptian bodyguard.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member in Alwiya.
A gunman was killed during an attack at a checkpoint in Hawija.
An imam was arrested during an operation in Balad Ruz.
Mortar shells fell in Mosul, but no casualties were reported.
Diyala province reported holding 1,776 detainees accused of terrorist activities. The majority has not seen a courtroom even though some have been held as long as five years.
Also, four Iranian policemen were killed and five were wounded, according to Iran’s State TV, when possible PJAK rebels attacked them in Iranian Kurdistan.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018