At least 11 Iraqis and one Egyptian were killed in the latest attacks. Another 14 Iraqis were wounded.
Gunmen staged an attack in Kubisa where they killed six security personnel and wounded eight others, four of them civilians.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed a soldier and wounded four more in Mustansiriya. A double blast killed one person and wounded another on Palestine Street. A bomb in Mansour wounded an employee o the prime minister’s office.
In Numaniya, gunmen killed a merchant and his Egyptian bodyguard.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member in Alwiya.
A gunman was killed during an attack at a checkpoint in Hawija.
An imam was arrested during an operation in Balad Ruz.
Mortar shells fell in Mosul, but no casualties were reported.
Diyala province reported holding 1,776 detainees accused of terrorist activities. The majority has not seen a courtroom even though some have been held as long as five years.
Also, four Iranian policemen were killed and five were wounded, according to Iran’s State TV, when possible PJAK rebels attacked them in Iranian Kurdistan.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018