Sunday: 7 Iraqis Wounded
Only seven Iraqis were wounded in very light violence; however there are reports coming out of Camp Ashraf that claim 176 Iranians were wounded during a raid on Friday.
Demonstrators in London gathered outside the Iranian embassy to condemn an attack on Camp Ashraf. They support the claim that Iraqi Special Forces raided the camp on Friday, injuring 176 refugees. Although there appears to be no independent confirmation of the attack, the Iraqi government has implemented deadly raids on the refugees and otherwise harassed the group in the past. Camp Ashraf is home to about 3,500 Iranian refugees, who are members of the People’s Mujahedeen of Iran (PMOI/MEK) and their families.
In Mosul, an I.E.D. wounded four people, including two civilians.
Three policemen were wounded when a bomb exploded on a highway in Tikrit.
Mortars and explosives were discovered in Baghdad‘s Shabb district.
Ten people were arrested for kidnapping three children, who were liberated by police in Huwair.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014