Saturday: 4 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr drew thousands of Iraqis to his first speech since returning home from Iran. Al-Sadr spoke of resisting the United States but also allowing American troops the opportunity to leave in a "suitable" way. He also gave support to the government he once fought and which had, or perhaps still has, a warrant out for his arrest. Meanwhile, at least four Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. No reports escaped Baghdad today even though "bombings and shooting remain a daily occurrence in the Iraqi capital."
Eight people were wounded when a bomb exploded in Abu Ghraib.
In Khan Bani Saad, a bomb killed one soldier and wounded another.
An off-duty policeman was shot dead in Taji.
In Mosul, a soldier was wounded when an I.E.D. exploded.
A hostage was liberated in Qayara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Blasts Target Baghdad Suburbs; 183 Killed Across Iraq – January 29th, 2015
- Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq – January 28th, 2015
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015