Tuesday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 24 Wounded
Updated at 8:41 p.m. EST, Dec. 7, 2010
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 24 more were wounded in violence that mostly occurred in the capital. Meanwhile, Iraqiya leader Ayad Allawi warned that "power sharing is not happening" and threatened to quit the new government unless meaningful change happens. A senior U.S. embassy added another threat by cautioning the Iraqis against giving the Sadrists certain ministry positions. Should they ignore the advice, the United States could cut back on aid to them.
In Baghdad, three intelligence officers were wounded in one central Baghdad blast, while four civilians were wounded in a second bombing. Six policemen and officers were wounded in a roadside blast in Saidiya. Gunmen killed a municipal general director and wounded his driver in Amiriya. A bomb wounded two civilians in Doura. A police officer was shot dead last night in Shula. Mortars fell in the Green Zone.
A contractor’s body was discovered in Khadraa.
In and around Kirkuk, 20 suspects were detained.
Twenty-five suspects were captured across Diyala province.
Five suspects were arrested across Babel province.
In Wassit province, a suspected al-Qaeda emir was captured.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015