Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 36 Killed in Iraq; Embedded Journalist Wounded – October 2nd, 2015
- 257 Killed in Iraq as Abadi Asks for More Airstrikes – October 1st, 2015
- 3,842 Killed in Iraq during September – September 30th, 2015
- Airstrikes Kill Civilians in North; 107 Dead across Iraq – September 29th, 2015
- Battles Continue in Anbar; 93 Killed across Iraq – September 28th, 2015