Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014