Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Killed in Mosul Clashes; 180 Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2017
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Casualties; 77 Killed Across Iraq – April 22nd, 2017
- Qatari Hostages Freed; 16 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2017
- ISIS Leader’s Relative Reported Killed in Mosul; 63 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2017
- Bodies Floating in Tigris River; 17 Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2017