Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015
- Iraq: 187 Killed, 100 Kidnapped – February 25th, 2015
- Series of Bombs Torment Baghdad; 197 Killed across Iraq – February 24th, 2015
- New Zealand Prepares Troop Deployment; 68 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2015
- Siege of al-Baghdadi Continues; 272 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2015