Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shootings and Bombings Leave 14 Dead, 7 Wounded – December 5th, 2013
- Another Security Installation Targeted in Iraq; 31 Killed, 106 Wounded – December 4th, 2013
- Suicide Bombers Target Security Personnel Across Iraq; 67 Killed, 98 Wounded – December 3rd, 2013
- Family of Six Among 15 Killed, 31 Wounded Across Iraq – December 2nd, 2013
- 46 Killed, 70 Wounded Across Iraq; Bomber Attacks Sahwa Funeral – December 1st, 2013