Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017
- 117 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Captures 9 Officers in Mosul – March 20th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Airstrikes in Mosul; 80 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2017
- Another Chemical Attack in Mosul; 28 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2017
- Troops Advancing in Mosul; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2017