Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 95 Killed in Iraq; Fighting Continues in Fallujah – May 26th, 2016
- Mounting Concerns for Fallujah Residents; 259 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2016
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016