Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq: 241 Killed, Including 150 Women Who Spurned ISIS Suitors – December 16th, 2014
- 101 Killed in Iraq, and Thousands Are Missing – December 15th, 2014
- Iraqi, Kurdish Forces Kill Dozens of Militants – December 14th, 2014
- Saddam’s Cousin Among 97 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2014
- 169 Killed Across Iraq; Hundreds of UK Troops Returning – December 12th, 2014