Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 109 Killed As Bombers Strike in Baghdad and Iraq Army Base – September 22nd, 2014
- Siege at Army Base Ongoing; 175 Killed, 102 Wounded Across Iraq – September 21st, 2014
- Clashes and Airstrikes Across Iraq Leave 154 Dead and Dozens Wounded – September 20th, 2014
- 71 Killed, 86 Wounded Across Iraq As Bombers Hit Baghdad Again – September 19th, 2014
- Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine; 195 Killed, 173 Wounded Across Iraq – September 18th, 2014