Saturday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
Updated at 9:51 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2009
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, the former trade minister, Abdul Falah al-Sudani, was detained as he was attempting to flee Iraq; he stands accused of corruption.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Muqdadiyah.
A six-year-old boy was killed in Baquba. Police think the gunmen were retaliating against his father who is a member of an Awakening Council.
Four Iraqi soldiers were injured during a bombing in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Security forces arrested the assistant director of Suwayra Silo and his brother.
Police liberated a girl and arrested three kidnappers in Amara.
Three suspects who attacked Coalition soldiers training with Basra police were arrested. No casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Airstrikes, Battles, and Bombings Leave 294 Dead Across Iraq – September 28th, 2014
- Friendly Fire Casualties Among 94 Killed, 93 Wounded Across Iraq – September 27th, 2014
- 102 Killed in Iraq As New Details about Anbar Army Massacre Emerge – September 26th, 2014
- 164 Killed, 133 Wounded in Iraq Attacks and Battles – September 25th, 2014
- Baiji Refinery Attacked; 271 Killed, 63 Wounded across Iraq – September 24th, 2014