Updated at 10:43 p.m. EDT, May 17, 1008
At least 33 Iraqis were killed and 54 more were wounded during light violence. A female suicide bomber attacked a Sunni checkpoint in Baquba, while eight bodies were unearthed near Basra. No Coalition deaths were reported, but an Australian soldier was wounded in Nasiriyah.
Eight bodies were found in a mass grave west of Basra. Six of victims were kidnapped last year.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb killed one civilian and wounded another in Shabb. Two civilians were injured during a bombing on Tunis Street. In Adhamiyah, three Sahwa members were injured. Also, 18 suspects were detained. Also, five dumped bodies were found.
Two Iraqi soldiers were killed during a roadside bombing in Salah ad Din province.
Iran again shelled locations near Sulaimaniyah, where they believe PJAK rebels are operating.
During clashes in Khan Bani Saad, an Iraqi colonel was killed and two soldiers were wounded.
A kidnap victim was freed in Diyala province.
Three Sahwa fighters were killed and seven other people were wounded during an attack in Wajihiya.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018
- Bomb Blast at Mosul Restaurant; 13 Killed in Iraq – November 8th, 2018
- Thirty Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 7th, 2018