Updated at 7:20 p.m. EST, Feb. 13, 2008
During light violence, at least 19 Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded. No Coalition troops were reported killed. In other news, the speaker of the Iraqi parliament is threatening to disband it over issues of distrust and ability to pass laws. Meanwhile, an interpreter working for CBS was released; the journalist kidnapped along with him is still missing.
In Baghdad, three dumped bodies were recovered. Gunmen stormed a primary school in Zafaraniyah; they beat a guard’s wife and hung their three-year-old son. Mortars hitting the Shaab police station injured one civilian. Iraqi troops killed three suspects and arrested 63 others. A pair of IEDS in Ur slightly injured two American soldiers.
Five construction workers were killed and two others wounded during an armed attack in Saidiya.
U.S. forces in Baquba mistakenly killed two former members of the Iraqi Army.
In Riyadh, a gunman was killed and a second one was wounded during security operations.
In Shurqat yesterday, three Awakening Council members were wounded during previously reported clashes.
Two bodyguards were wounded during an assassination attempt on the mayor of al-Rutba.
An oil leakage of unknown origins triggered a fire at a pipeline near Baiji.
Forty detainees were released in Diyala after their innocence was determined.
U.S. troops released 19 detainees who were imprisoned at Camp Bucca.
A Sudanese national was arrested in Mosul.
A severed head was found in Khalis.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018