Updated at 11:50 p.m. EST, Dec. 7, 2007
At least 25 Iraqis were killed or found dead ands 24 more were wounded in the latest attacks and raids. Several new explosions were heard in Baghdad. No Coalition casualties were reported.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb in the Jisr Diyala district left six wounded. A separate bomb near Shabb stadium injured five people. A civilian was injured during a roadside bombing targeting a U.S. patrol in al-Bayaa. Also, five dumped bodies were found.
During a clash near Qara Taba, eight Peshmerga fighters were killed and five more were wounded as they fought alongside U.S. and Iraqi troops. Three gunmen were also killed.
A roadside bomb in Fallujah killed one policeman and wounded three more.
In Duluiya, one policeman was killed and two were injured during an armed attack.
A woman was gunned down in Kut.
A corpse bearing torture marks was found in Abbasi.
Seven people were kidnapped at a fake checkpoint near Tuz Khormato.
U.S. forces killed two Shi’ite militiamen and wounded two others during a raid in al-Hayy. In the Khalis area, at least 32 suspects were captured and killed one more. and Iraqi police arrested 23 suspects in Baghdad. Also, two suspects were killed, and a senior al-Qaeda leader was detained in Mosul. Meanwhile, 73 men were released from detention in Karbala after investigations cleared them of wrongdoing; over the last four months, hundreds have been released following their arrests during a riot during a religious observance in August.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018