At least 92 Iraqis were killed or found dead and another 42 were wounded today as President Bush is in Jordan for talks with Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki and others. Also, Coalition sources reported that an American soldier was killed on Wednesday and another GI today, both in Baghdad. The Coalition also stated that troops killed 14 gunmen in Samarra and the Marines said they rescued a hostage in Fuhaylat.
In Baquba, which has been under siege for several days, Iraqi soldiers discovered a mass grave containing 28 bodies. Two people were injured near a bus stop in central Baquba when a roadside bomb exploded. Also, a gunman and a police officer were injured in a shootout in the al Mafraq area, and attorney Jassim al Temimi was assassinated in the Gatoon neighborhood.
A roadside bomb explosion in Jurf al Sakhar killed three police officers and wounded three others late Wednesday.
In Mosul, six bodies were discovered.
A woman was killed and 13 members of her family wounded when a mortar fell on their home in Kazalsha.
Gunmen shot dead a policeman and a civilian in Baladros.
And a body was found in Jededat al Shat.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018