At least 92 Iraqis were killed or found dead and another 42 were wounded today as President Bush is in Jordan for talks with Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki and others. Also, Coalition sources reported that an American soldier was killed on Wednesday and another GI today, both in Baghdad. The Coalition also stated that troops killed 14 gunmen in Samarra and the Marines said they rescued a hostage in Fuhaylat.
In Baquba, which has been under siege for several days, Iraqi soldiers discovered a mass grave containing 28 bodies. Two people were injured near a bus stop in central Baquba when a roadside bomb exploded. Also, a gunman and a police officer were injured in a shootout in the al Mafraq area, and attorney Jassim al Temimi was assassinated in the Gatoon neighborhood.
A roadside bomb explosion in Jurf al Sakhar killed three police officers and wounded three others late Wednesday.
In Mosul, six bodies were discovered.
A woman was killed and 13 members of her family wounded when a mortar fell on their home in Kazalsha.
Gunmen shot dead a policeman and a civilian in Baladros.
And a body was found in Jededat al Shat.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017