At least five people were killed, and seven were wounded:
A heavy firefight between the Albu Hamdan and al-Batut tribes near Basra left three dead and seven wounded. The cause of the battle is under investigation; however, a new law classifies such fighting as “terrorism” now. A number of people were also arrested.
Two militants were killed in an airstrike on Rashad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Blasts Militia; Four Killed in Iraq, 15 Found in Mass Grave – March 10th, 2019